Friday, July 11, 2008

Cool Close-ups

I posted earlier how much more durable a CEREC dental onlay is over the old-school mercury dental work. I also want to give you a clear picture of how much better it looks. This week, I had two CERECS done with Dr. Powell at Asheville Dental Care. Check out the before, and the metal-free after. That old metal work just lays there, not protecting the remaining portion of the tooth. That's why some people experience trouble down the road with them, and are opting to replace them with CERECS. Also, if you've had crowns or inlays done before, you know it requires A LOT of time in the dentist's chair. That's NOT the case with CERECS. Dr. Powell's state-of-the-art computer system designed my onlay in minutes, and then it was created right across the hall. In fact, this particular visit, it took about one hour from start to finish to design, mill, and place BOTH CERECS! It really is amazing to see the computer scanning my teeth and watching it all go down. After the scan is complete, Dr. Powell makes a computer rendering of the exact shape the onlay needs to be to make a clean fit, then it's milled in minutes by a diamond cutter right there in the practice, and put into place. I left the office around noon, and by 7pm the same evening, I was eating dinner without any pain or sensitivity whatsoever. Make sure to e-mail me at kulmer@saganc.com for your free whitening and consultation from Dr. Robert Powell and Asheville Dental Care. Tell me in 250 words or less why you want to have a better smile along with me. Keep checking on-air and online for further updates, and keep smiling!

No comments: