Tuesday, June 24, 2008

YOU'RE NEVER FULLY DRESSED WITHOUT A SMILE

Little Orphan Annie and her friends were right - you're never fully dressed without a smile. Dr. Powell showed me some before and after shots - and the difference in appearance is remarkable. As Randy Jackson says, it's the "wow factor", dawg! Check out some of the transformed patients from Asheville Dental Care here . We get one chance to make a first impression - and we only get one ride on this good earth. I'm glad I've finally decided to do this. Part of my apprehension was a fear of the dentist. Honestly, from the moment I came into Dr. Powell's office, I got a different feeling. For one thing, there's a relaxation room with soft lighting, music, and a fountain. While you're having a procedure done, you get shades to shield you from the light - and here's the cool part - the glasses have built-in MP3 players - loaded with your choice of country, rock, or my favorite, classic hits. Speaking of the technology, it's like something straight out of the Jetsons. I saw the lab where "CEREC" fillings are made on the spot - the latest pain-free option to the traditional metal filling. More on those in my next post. I was blown away at the technology - and as a new patient, you too can take the tour and see what I'm talking about.

No comments: